WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and checking out our latest work. Please leave us a little love in the comments box!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kara + Ted

I photographed Kara and Ted's engagement session at a little boat launch area a few miles from my home. This was basically a small parking lot with a path that led down to a little stream that you could maybe put a toy boat into but even that wouldn't go too far...I think it must have more water at some point during the year. I had fallen in love with this little nook of the world a while back so I was very excited to have the chance to photograph a session here. I love that because of my job, I am constantly looking at the world differently. I photograph everything on location so I am always looking at the spaces around me which I find so fascinating, especially the unexpectedly beautiful ones, like the backside of a gas station or a small patch of wilderness growing on the side of the road. When you widen what you perceive as beautiful to include the less obvious, the less traditional, you get to be surrounded by a lot more of it...

I love photographing in these types of places- I have a whole catalogue of them in my head so if you are looking for a unique location for your engagement or portrait session, let me know.



One of my favorites. Just love the boyish-ness of it.











I love the quiet and peaceful feeling of the next few images:

















Look how gleeful this next one is- I'm going to spend more time being gleeful.



Kara + Ted,
Thank you for coming down to my neck of the woods. I've been wanting to photograph in this spot for so long- thanks for trusting me!

No comments: