WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and checking out our latest work. Please leave us a little love in the comments box!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cassandra + Scott

Cassandra and Scott were married at a beautiful church in Haverhill and celebrated afterwards at Brookstone Park in New Hampshire- a really pretty spot where the staff treated everyone so kindly. I think Cassandra was one of the happiest, most excited brides I've ever met. Her feelings were contagious and it was so much fun to take pictures of her and her girls getting ready. She put her dress on in a room with big windows and lots of natural light which makes for amazing pictures (if you are a bride-to-be and you are thinking about where to get ready, pick a bright spot with lots of windows). This is a pretty long post, but there were just so many moments to share and so many darn sweet kids in this wedding.

Some details:



If I was having a contest for cutest expression, I think you'd win Cassandra. There are handfuls of pictures where your personality just spills out...



One of my favorites of the day. I love the glowing light and the way her hand skims the wall.



We ventured into the woods a bit for some portraits. What's the good of having a gorgeous dress if you can't have fun it? I always make sure the top layer of the dress stays clean but you are only going to wear it once so you might as well enjoy it and not worry about it getting dirty.





Scott looking handsome backstage:





Cassandra's solution to figuring out how to walk in her dress was pretty ingenious (and sexy).









Love this image Mike created:







Another couple moments brought to you by Mike. (I didn't give him credit for the sweet radish picture he took of me in my last post, so I thought I'd make it up to him now by sharing these two images I thought were beautiful.)











And my favorite image of the whole day. It just takes my breath away and makes me feel happy.











It's hard to imagine that there is a bride in there somewhere.













And a lovely display of fireworks- such an amazing way to end the night.



Cassandra + Scott,
Thank you for your unquestioning trust. It means a lot to me and allows me the space to create really original imagery. Also thank you for warmly inviting me into your family. You two were so much fun to photograph- your love is contagious.

To see more images, check out the slideshow below:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful photography :) I love how airy and buttery your images are from this wedding.

Brian said...

Hi, my name is Brian, and I am the father of the little boy in the wedding. You did an excellent job witht he pictures...they really came out good. I especially liek the picture of my son Brady looking at the two girls and trying to decide if he wants to dance with them or not. That would make a cute postcard!!!!

Alyssa said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures you took for my cousin's wedding. She looks like a model out of a magazine! I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures, especially those ones you took of us by the pond and fountain at the reception. You are an amazing photographer!

SassaArt said...

BEAUTIFUL job... of course. You know how to capture "a moment" so well Katie. The love you have for photography and people shines through your images. Oh, I'm feeling so inspired! =)