WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and checking out our latest work. Please leave us a little love in the comments box!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tara + Quentin

Tara and Quentin's wedding was just lovely. It reminded me of all the things a wedding should be about- family coming together, smiling faces, hugs, laughter, mingling of voices in the sunlight, barefoot dancing...so much love all around. Nothing like bringing together all the people that matter most to you in the world to make you stop for a minute and really appreciate life. I believe this was one of Tara and Quentin's goals from the beginning- I could tell from the way they spoke of their wedding day in the months leading up to the event. I think the photographs reflect this feeling.

Here are some details of Tara getting ready. The entire event was held at Tupper Manor, which I fell in love with. There was a sweet little room for the bride to prepare for the ceremony.





I loved the blue shoes.



The lovely bride before the ceremony.





A couple of the younger guests had been enjoying the beach adjacent to the manor- we caught them coming back to get ready for the wedding and this little one just stole my heart.



I don't know if I saw the groom not smiling the entire day. His happiness was contagious.



The weather that day was the most perfect for a wedding- warm and sunny with this breeze that rolled gently off the ocean. A beautiful day to be outdoors...







Behind the manor was a path that led through the woods, past a field, to a secret little beach. I couldn't have asked for a better location to create portraits.





One of my personal favorites:



And the light speaks for itself. There is just nothing like that hour before sunset.





I just love this one. I think I am drawn to creating images that show how much a couple cares for each other and how they show it in ways other than a hug or embrace. Not that those aren't interesting, but there is so much more to explore...





I feel like I can't really take all the credit for the following images- I have to thank the most gracious sun for being in the perfect spot and being so warm and lovely.







And my favorite of the day. It's like they are running off together...





Back to the party...



I loved all the light the huge windows let in for the reception- everything looked perfect.







I had to include a picture from the best men speech because it is possibly one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed. They performed a song for the bride and groom and had everyone crying with laughter.



Just a moment that really caught me.



Tara + Quentin,
It really was such a joy to photograph your wedding day. It made me fall in love with falling in love.

More images in the slideshow:

1 comment:

Channing said...

These are beautiful, Kate. File # 22 of Tara running ahead into the woods is amazing. Great stuff!