WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and checking out our latest work. Please leave us a little love in the comments box!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sonya + Steve + Olivia

I love photographing kids- partly because they are so darn cute but also because they are so expressive. They really hold nothing back- if they're happy, you really know it, if they are curious, or mad, or sad it just shows in every bit of their face, in every movement of their body. If we could all express ourselves this freely, life would be a lot less complicated.

I had a lovely time photographing Olivia and her family. They welcomed me into their home- especially the dogs who seemed to like me a lot. I think they really liked my shoes, too, because when I went to put them back on they were awfully drooly.

Olivia's room was so soft and gentle and cuddly.





She just started smiling from the very beginning and couldn't stop. Such a sweet nature...





Olivia wanted to eat the grass and I can't say I blame her- it looked deliciously green.



It doesn't get much cuter than baby toes. Except maybe all the other parts...



I think this is my favorite. Something so dreamlike, ethereal about this image- it's just a moment between moments.



The curly cues are darling.















My favorite family image. I can only image how exciting it is to be parents for the first time, when everything about your baby is so new and fascinating. Spending time with little ones really makes you put your life in perspective and spend time doing the things that seem so little but are so important, like just watching and listening.



Sonya, Steve + Olivia,
It was a pleasure to photograph your family- so refreshing to spend some time with such a smiling little face.


No comments: