WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and checking out our latest work. Please leave us a little love in the comments box!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Amy + Brian

I met Amy and Brian over a year and half ago and I remember being really touched by how they communicated with each other. They left this space for the other's thoughts and ideas, never stepping on each other. When I photographed them together, I was really struck by the way they compliment each other. You can see it in the way they stand together, in their embraces, in their small gestures of contact. Brian seems to have this calming affect on Amy that just makes everything else melt away in his presence. It's pretty powerful to watch, to think that another person can bring that out in you.

Beautiful dress + cute shoes + pretty flowers = really happy bride.





I love photographing the getting ready process. So full of these intimate little moments where it's like the bride is holding her breath in anticipation.



We did a couple portraits in the front yard:







Nothing like those first super happy smiles when they walk out of the church. That's a feeling you want to remember to feel forever.



The reception was held at the lovely Black Rock Country Club. We got to wander around the grounds a bit to create some portraits of Amy and Brian. The light was so perfect at this time of day- just so glowy-warm.





I think I sustained some grass stains from this one, but well worth it.





One of my favorites of the day- the wind just picked up her dress and I caught this moment as it started to billow in the breeze.



One of my very favorites- I love interactions that are less traditional, that somehow show another perspective, less obvious than a hug or a kiss.



Mike's take on the same moment:





Love the expressions.





Possibly my very favorite of the day. It's hard to say, but I really love the gesture and the grace of this image.





Amy's dress did these awesome twirls during the first dance.





Amy + Brian,
It warmed my heart to see the two of you married and to be able to create photographs that I feel really speak of who you are together. Thanks for inviting me to be a part of your wedding day.

To see more images, take a look at the slideshow below.

No comments: