WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and checking out our latest work. Please leave us a little love in the comments box!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Emily + Aaron

I spent a lovely Sunday afternoon photographing my friend and fellow photographer Emily and her boyfriend, Aaron, in the lingering snow of Boston. The day smelled like spring and felt hopeful for warm days to come...I love the transitions between the seasons, those days that feel so unexpected, like they just arrived to make your day.

We played a little in the Back Bay area and then headed over to the Arboretum (my favorite place to be during lilac season- early May you can find me waiting out the rush hour traffic reading a book under a lilac tree). This was the first time Emily had ever had her picture taken with someone else- watching her and Aaron together it was amazing to see the many sides to their love...the intricacies of our relationships are so interesting...how we share our love without speaking.





I love hands, how they speak so clearly for us, no words needed...









Love this one...



And love that this is just 3 seconds later...









Mike came with me for this shoot just for fun and captured this beautiful shot (and the one of the hands above).



The sun suddenly peeked out from behind the clouds and bam- the whole landscape changed in an instant.



This one seems so Emily to me...makes me keep smiling.



Two of my very favorites...





This last one makes me think of a quote I just read by Minnie Aumonier, “There is always music amongst the trees in the garden, but our hearts must be very quiet to hear it.”

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous! I love these.
You guys unfortunately missed David A Williams, but good work putting it into action and getting in front of the camera!
Now it's your turn, Katie!

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous -- such a nice thing to see smiles and color amongst the brown and gray detritus of a Boston winter.

Rachel_Garrison said...

Kate! These are so gorgeous. I especially love the third from the bottom. And the quote for the last image is perfection. Whenever Matt and I make it up to Boston, I want you to photograph us. :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I just found your blog today through Logo Of The Day and I've been hooked on soaking up your images ever since! I can't wait to see what's next!