WELCOME

Thank you for stopping by and checking out our latest work. Please leave us a little love in the comments box!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Amanda + Brian

I photographed a great Engagement Session with Amanda and Brian who made a trip up from Maryland- we wandered around the area where they lived together and hung out back when they used to live in Boston. There are a ridiculous number of images I fell in love with from their session, so you'll have to indulge me and let me share this many because I couldn't part with any...

Amanda and Brian might be the most comfortable people I've had in front of my camera all year. In about 5 minutes, they pretty much forgot the camera was there between us, and just let themselves be...with each other, in the moment, enjoying being back in a place where it seems like they had a lot of lovely memories. I loved watching them draw from one another...their expressions were so unguarded, so trustful, so content.

I mostly photograph outdoors, but Boston in the fall = pretty cold, so we started at the Boston Public Library, which is a beautiful place. I had never been before but it makes me want to go back to college so I can study in those gorgeous, old rooms, full of paintings and history, and lots of people thinking really hard...











This makes me a little weak in the knees...



Mike came with me to help with lighting indoors and he photographed a little bit, too- I love this one he caught.



One of my very favorites...I can't help falling a little bit in love with my clients. Photographing someone is such a fast way to get to know them- it's like skipping all the small talk and getting right down to matters of the heart.



These two might be my most very favoritest...





Something dreamy about this image- I like how her hair is like the trees...











I think these are my other very favorites...there's something about the expression and the movement within the image that makes me want to sigh.



I am madly in love with this image, one of my favorites of the season. How can a look contain so much power?







We found the last bit of beautiful light lingering in a little passageway...







I feel like this is where the word "sweet hearts" comes from...



Amanda + Brian,
It was such a pleasure to photograph you two together. Thank you for being so open and sharing of yourselves. I wish we were going to be at your wedding!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kt~
I love looking at your photos, and I especially love reading your commentary. Only you could say that every other photo was your favorite. It seems true, so very "katie."

~rjt

Erin Chapman said...

very moving images! i love the ones with them next to the building, especially the one with the set of 3 and the ones where they're peeking around at each other :)

starfish said...

Your work always amazes me!